Sunday, September 11, 2011

Project 52 Date #36


JT says: This date brought back some childhood board game memories! Subs n Submarines which translates to sub sandwiches and Battleship! I highly recommend the Chicken n Bacon Ranch from Subway cuz thats what I had and it was really good. When I was a kid I played a fair amount of Battleship and as decent at it so I was curious to see if I still had any naval warfare skills. I do, just so you know. Our first game I drew first blood and sunk Mia's patrol boat almost right away. After that it was game on! It turned out to be a pretty close game but I won. Game two proved much more challenging so luckily I put some thought into my fleet placement. At one point I'm getting totally killed by Mia and she drops what she thinks is the last shot on what she thinks is my biggest ship and then I say "hit" and go about my next move(cuz I had some slick surface warfare setup going on of course). She looks at me and says "don't you have something to say?" I say yeah "B7" and she looks at me like I'm nuts and then explains that she she sunk my ship. I say "no way Jose" and after much mischief and protest on her part we continue on. Turns out to be a really close game and it comes down to one move away from losing but I pull it together and manage to win just barely. I had fun playing an old childhood favorite and trying out a new sandwich too!

She says: This was great fun! we actually had to switch date plans but it kinda shows that you can make a great date in just 30 minutes or less of planning so thats kinda great to know! He did or course beat me at both games but we had alot of fun while I was losing! I take a little comfort in knowing that in the picture we took, he looks like a TRex, big head and little arms <3 br="">Project 52: Date Nights logo

2 comments:

Regina said...

Yay for a fun, easy, and yummy date!

Kristie Salzmann said...

HAHA, I love the t-rex comparison :)