This past Christmas, our church put on this amazing Christmas production which required alot of volunteers. The church decided to do a potluck and my mom volunteered to help organize the food and keep it hot. For those of you that know me personally, I work at the church in the finance department so whenever there is a big event I am usually working. This go around I decided to work and volunteer! Since we were all hands on deck, I was able to get my work done and then help volunteer. It was so awesome to be able to work with my mom, and of course Jocelyn was there too.
It was great to serve all the people that were there to serve with their talents and give there time. What was really great was seeing everyone chip in, in different ways! There was a single dad with three kids that dropped off a bucket of KFC chicken. He knew that he didn't have time to cook but he wanted to do his part, so he did what he could.
Another volunteer had a pizza warming cabinet and brought it up filled with pizza. They used what they already had in there home in and put in a little extra money and wala it was done. HOW AWESOME WAS THAT! How great would it be if we all had that type of attitude.... I know I can't go over the top but I know that I can do something that can make a difference so here it is! Every little bit helps... so what can you do today to make a difference and show someone your love??
No comments:
Post a Comment