So this months love is... is going to be a little different! It's going to be all about serving others but different aspects. I have some awesome ladies lined up to write about where they serve and the difference it has made and I can't wait for you to read them! So I am going to kick us off with an example of serving!
This past month, the students ministry at our church had a large event, called AWAKEN, to where they invited students all over the city to our church. I knew right away I wanted to be involved but I also knew that my time was limited. The student staff did an amazing job and put so much work into everything that everything was great and the event was amazing. I told them that my mom, Jocelyn and I would be there to serve in whatever capacity they needed. So when I got to the event, students were just starting to arrive on campus from the buses. They had food and drinks set up outside but it was Texas HOT to say the least. So we noticed that the drinks would need constant attention of refill and ice. The kitchen and where the drinks were at were on opposite side of the church, so we made it our mission to handle the drinks.
It was a small small part of the event, but someone needed to do it. With every great event that happens there are alot of little pieces that need to happen as well to make it work without a hitch. My point being... serve! No matter in what capacity it makes a difference, it can be as small as refilling lemonade for people or being the main speaker at an event, you each had a part in it. I luckily had a very small role in 350 students deciding to make a change in my life and all it took was a couple hours for 2 nights! It was definitely worth my time and it was so easy! So everyone, get up and serve... big or small, just do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment