Monday, September 19, 2011

20 Weeks - Half way there!

Pregnancy Highlights for the Week:

How Far Along: 20 weeks :)


Fruit/Veggie:

10 1/2 ounces now and 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel

Baby changes: (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, Baby is measured from head to toe.) Baby is swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!

Best Moment this week: Getting to see another peek of the baby last week :) It always make me smile to have pics and video! Also I love hearing peoples predictions because Jocelyn having a little brother just makes me smile from ear to ear and the thought of her having a little sister just makes me squeal! Oh and she still thinks the baby's name is Wha Wha, its a baby girl but this time when we ask if she wants a baby brother or a baby sister, its a baby brother :) So who knows!

Movement: Tons of kicks and he/she loves is when I go bike riding and is like having a little cheerleader with me!

Food Cravings: I have moved on from Tin Roof ice cream (mostly because it has become scarce) and embraced nutella!

What I am looking forward to: Starting to plan Jocelyn's big girl room and the playroom for the two of them! Also began looking at fabrics to make some sheets and I'm getting really excited at all the beautiful stuff out there!!!

Symptoms: Blessed, the only symptoms I have is movement to let me know that he/she is there!

Sleep : Getting plenty of it with lots of little wake ups, but I guess that is just getting me ready for the future!