Thursday, May 26, 2011

Project 52 Date #21

Our project tonight was making paper airplanes together and seeing whose flew the best. Of course we had to start with root beer floats, because what great date doesn't start with those... really?? Okay so once those were made we went off to the dining room to begin the folding. I had printed out a variety of paper airplane models and let JT choose his first and then I chose mine. It took me three times to figure out the instructions of my plane but I finally got it. JT was pretty darn intense with his plane. I tried chit chatting with him, but most of the answers were one worded... he was in the zone!


So it was
Delta


vs
Little Nicky


So we sat down on the fireplace to start the competition, Best out of 3.
First round... no competition JT won, mine just barrel rolled and went down in style
Second round... JT kicked my rear again and I declared best out of 5 just in case
Final round.... JT's gracefully flew across the room, I balled mine up and tossed it and it still didn't go as far :) Well I tried

So the next go around, we chose a simple design together and made the same planes together.
Round 1: Mine actually went a little further then his, I was impressed
Round 2: Mine hit the stairwell, it went so far, beat JT :)
Final Round: Mine went through the doorway and down the hall. I had a pretty good plane
This was a great date and alot of fun to do something together that we have never done before. I really enjoyed this one :) -Mia

JT Says:
So I get called to the table and find the table covered in paper, paper for paper airplanes and instructions for them too. So our date tonight turns out to be to have a plane building contest and then to make the same plane and see who's turns out best. Well I'm a little intense when it comes to building things(as the picture clearly shows) and I took our test flights pretty seriously. So we pic out what design we're gonna build and get to folding! I have no idea why mine is called "little nicky" but it seemed like a good one to me so I went with it. Turns out it flew pretty good. I won't give out exact distances but I'm pretty sure my plane had to get out binoculars to see how far back Mia's landed...just kidding, they were actually pretty close but I won by a little. So Round 2 and we're building the same design and things didn't fare so well for me this time. Our first launch in our best of 3 turns out pretty even. Second launch and mine flies upside down the whole way while Mia's goes all the way across the living room. So I figure third round if I can't beat her I'll at least throw mine like a Patriot Missile and shoot down her long distance flier! Well as luck would have it she throws on 3 instead of 1,2,3 then throw! So somehow hers sails across the living room then thru a doorway and on down the hallway almost into our bedroom. Ahh well, win some lose some. Anyways, I had alot of fun and I can't remember the last time I made a paper airplane. I rank it int he top 5 so far for our dates!

P.S. After sorely losing the second round I put one plane on top of the other and threw them both at Mia as she walked back into the room from retreiving her plane and if not for her quick reflexes I probably would have put both her eyes out with my awesome two plane stacked attack! Yeah I relived a 4th grade boy moment....





Project 52: Date Nights logo

1 comment:

Regina said...

yay! love paper airplanes!