To kick off my part of the “Love is…” Series, and to finish off my school year I decided to ask my 5/6 year old students what love was to them. Someone once said “When we try and teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about”, so I wanted to know what love meant to them. The answers I received were both insightful and funny! I read them and couldn’t help but smile! Ask the kids around you and find out what love is to them! I guarantee you will smile!
Spending time with your mom and her caring for me.
When you love someone so much you want to stay with them always… even when they get old and smelly.
When your mom can’t stop kissing you.
Giving someone flowers
When you give someone lots of hugs
When your mom and dad are proud of you always
When you take care of someone by tucking them in at night
When you clean for your mom.
Watching a tv show you don’t really like because your dad likes it
Protecting someone by going in to the army.
When your mom reads you a bedtime story
When daddy plays tea party with me.
Letting my little brother sit with me when he is scared
When my teacher tells us she loves us, even when we get our clip moved.
Chocolate cookies in my lunch box!
Letting mommy and daddy sleep in on the weekends.
Not letting anyone pick on my baby sister
When your teacher or mommy drops everything and comes running when she thinks someone
is hurt or sad.
When your mommy tells your daddy he smells good, even when he is all gross from cutting the grass.
Important… ya know, without it my heart would be sad.
When you can’t stop smiling when you see someone…. I think your heart and your smile are attached!
As I read it, I realized the kids found love in the little things in day to day life…Reading a story, cookies, tea party, and being there no matter what. I think that’s what love is. Love is the little things! Hope you enjoyed these as much as I did.
- Barbie
No comments:
Post a Comment