Memorial Day just passed, and I can’t think of a better time to give a shout out to all our military! I am not in the military, and neither is any of my immediate family, but I have witnessed many families around me sacrificing for our country. I have watched mothers be separated from their children, fathers facing being deployed for their child’s birth, and most of that child’s first year, friends who have been
separated from their spouses, and families grieving as their brother, son, friend has paid the ultimate price. There are no words I can say, or actions I can take to express how deeply my gratitude goes both to the one actually serving, and to their family. These men and women are keeping us and our country safe. They don’t receive the respect, or paycheck they deserve, and they recently faced going without pay while our government tried to figure out a way to fix our budget crisis (and let me go on record as saying that even considering not paying our military is absolutely atrocious). All I can do is give them my respect, and make sure I take a moment to say thank you.
So thank you! Thank you for your sacrifice, your love of country, and your willingness to put yourself in harm’s way for our country. I try and say thank you whenever I can, and as often as I can, but I know I fail in giving them the respect they so deserve on a daily basis! But we (my husband and I) do try…
The day after Memorial Day my husband and I were traveling back from a family vacation. While in the DFW airport you see many service men and women traveling. While stopping to eat some lunch at a restaurant we had a chance to give our thanks anonymously (which truly is the best way to give in my opinion). We were blessed to be able to buy 2 tables of military men’s lunch. I don’t know their story, I don’t know whether they were heading home, or out to the front lines, but I hope I was able to give them a little bit of encouragement. I hope we let them know that our country stands behind them, and truly appreciate all they sacrifice for us. Their courage and willingness to answer the call of duty is what love is all about!
No comments:
Post a Comment