Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Project 52 Date #14

Last night was date night and I kinda did something different with the prep. I actually prepped everything the night before (dinner - all made just needed to be in the oven, project - all together in bags, just needed to be set out). This made my Tuesday alot easier when preparing for date night after a full work day and also getting some quality time in with Jocelyn before she had to go to bed for the night too. So I came home, snuggled on my baby and popped in dinner right away. Set up the dining room table with our project and then went out to enjoy the outdoors with Jocelyn for the rest of the evening! Bedtime came and we scurried Jocelyn off to bed (in reality, she walked herself to bed and left JT and I standing in the bathroom with the look of "did we just get ditched" on our faces).

So I set up the date and we were off! Our date card had me purchase two wine glasses (Thank you dollar store) and I picked up some paint from Regina and we were to decorate our own wine glasses. So I asked JT to pick a motif.... hmmmm yah we didn't get anywhere on that. So I said lets put all the stuff on there that makes us who we are....his response "I wouldn't know where to start on that". So we came to the conclusion to just decorate :)

Before we started



Here are our final products...

He says:
It was fun and yes I was no help when it came to picking a motif...what kinda word is motif anyways? Painting was fun and kinda relaxing. Now I'm no artist so it pretty much looks like a kid painted it but oh well I enjoyed it and so what if my little fish looks more like a torpedo with fins or maybe a shark... A quiet evening, a couple wine glasses, a little freehand painting! doesn't get much better than that.
Project 52: Date Nights logo

2 comments:

Regina said...

aawww!! love the decorations!!! your fish doesnt look that bad jt!

Tarah said...

a fish...I thought you painted the state of TEXAS! too funny!!