SALSA..... no not the dip but the dance :)
Our date night tonight was to get a learn to dance DVD and have a learn to dance night. I actually found a beginners learn to Salsa dance DVD in my collection and set the scene for our date night.
I was going to set out chips and salsa for the appetizer to keep with the theme, but we had some friends invite us last minute out to dinner with the family. So we had a family double date before our date night. We enjoyed the company and the food and of course Marek and Jocelyn enjoyed making each other laugh as well. So when we got home, we put Jocelyn down for the night and I started to set up for date night. For the first time, I just wasn't in the mood for a date night, it was 8pm and I was EXHAUSTED. So after laying on the couch for 5 minutes, I gave myself a pep talk and got myself going and WE HAD A BLAST.
Jonathan was so surprised with the date and actually had alot of fun. We have taken dance lessons before and it really isn't his thing but doing it at home with just the two of us, we had alot of laughter, alot of rewinding the DVD, and just an all around great time. This was really fun date!

Pretty much exactly what Mia said, but I'll add my 2 cents to it. We had dinner out with some peeps and then I was told we'd have out own date nite afterwards. So we get home after dinner and Mia pops the TV on and I'm lookin at the DVD menu for a dance lesson. I'm thinkin "Oh yay, my two giant left feet get to show off again!" Now don't get me wrong, I secretlly love dancing with my wife. Problem is, I'm not a good dancer AT ALL. It was a good DVD and pretty easy to figure out(after 5 rewinds of the same step...). I enjoyed it, she was proud of my left feets valiant effort, and maybe I'll be secretly learning to salsa when nobody is around to see.....

Our date night tonight was to get a learn to dance DVD and have a learn to dance night. I actually found a beginners learn to Salsa dance DVD in my collection and set the scene for our date night.
I was going to set out chips and salsa for the appetizer to keep with the theme, but we had some friends invite us last minute out to dinner with the family. So we had a family double date before our date night. We enjoyed the company and the food and of course Marek and Jocelyn enjoyed making each other laugh as well. So when we got home, we put Jocelyn down for the night and I started to set up for date night. For the first time, I just wasn't in the mood for a date night, it was 8pm and I was EXHAUSTED. So after laying on the couch for 5 minutes, I gave myself a pep talk and got myself going and WE HAD A BLAST.
Jonathan was so surprised with the date and actually had alot of fun. We have taken dance lessons before and it really isn't his thing but doing it at home with just the two of us, we had alot of laughter, alot of rewinding the DVD, and just an all around great time. This was really fun date!
Pretty much exactly what Mia said, but I'll add my 2 cents to it. We had dinner out with some peeps and then I was told we'd have out own date nite afterwards. So we get home after dinner and Mia pops the TV on and I'm lookin at the DVD menu for a dance lesson. I'm thinkin "Oh yay, my two giant left feet get to show off again!" Now don't get me wrong, I secretlly love dancing with my wife. Problem is, I'm not a good dancer AT ALL. It was a good DVD and pretty easy to figure out(after 5 rewinds of the same step...). I enjoyed it, she was proud of my left feets valiant effort, and maybe I'll be secretly learning to salsa when nobody is around to see.....

2 comments:
LOVE THE PIC! cant wait for this one :)
Well, I for one, know Mia is an amazing dancer, so two left feet or not, I am sure he had his work cut out for him. Way to go, what a fun idea!
Post a Comment