
Any relationship you have, romantic, friendship, parental, etc. goes through, stages, or chapters. Many of those chapters can be captured through photography. This “love is” is not the typical, make a scrapbook of your favorite photos of you and your friends, instead this is simplified. The idea behind this love is, came during Valentine’s Day in which we were on a budget. Now just because I did this for my husband, doesn’t make it a “romantic” gift only. Instead it is a gift that can capture some of the greatest moments, in some of the greatest chapters of any relationship you have.
This is simple, but sweet, and it is a gift that can be added on to as the years and chapters fly by in your friendships.
In all relationships we have places and moments that are special and memorable. Maybe it is because it was an event, a birthday, or maybe it was just a brunch on a random Saturday morning in which you and your friend couldn’t stop laughing... for no good reason (those are the best). Why not capture those in film?
One Saturday morning I drove by the Indie Theater in Corpus Christi, which is now closed :(. As I drove by I remembered that this was where my husband and I spent our first Valentine’s date. In that moment I wanted to take a snapshot and keep a photo of this place for nostalgic purposes. As I drove off, I kept thinking about various places around town that were great “firsts” for us.
After I thought about it long enough I drove around town, from the Island to Brewster’s Street, and took photographs of places. No one was in the photos, they were just spots in Corpus; however, these random spots all played a roll in the first chapter of our lives together. I had the photos developed and put together a photo book, Chapter One: Our Firsts.
As I was arranging the photographs, I thought about how this was something I wanted to continue doing. Not just for my husband, but for friends. It is a unique glimpse at places I think are important to the relationship. And the best part is this gift can be added on to as often as you want. The first chapter for Zach’s book was firsts, the next chapter can be Chapter Two: Going to the Chapel, Chapter Three: Married Life... With friends it can look like Chapter One: High School, Chapter Two: What Were we Thinking? One special occasions, or just because send a dear friend a new chapter to add to the photo book of memories. Of course you can always put together photos you’ve collected throughout the years, but how cool to have a
collection of the places you’ve been together.
No comments:
Post a Comment