Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Love is . . . sharing your blessings (Week 13)

Thanks to the 5 Wednesdays of March I get to guest blog this month :)

In 2009, when we found out that we were expecting Jocelyn, JT and I started talking about moving into a home that would accommodate our expanding family better. There were a couple other things to factor in as well.... we knew that we planned to have more then one child, we knew that we loved having our family stay with us when they came into town, and we knew that we loved hosting get togethers for our friends and family as well. So with all this information, we started looking for homes. We made our list of MUST HAVES and WANTS and started browsing until we found the perfect house that had all of our MUST HAVES and many of our wants! So, with me 9 months prego we decided to make the move.

This house has been such a blessing for us and has already held so many amazing memories. It has hosted holiday get togethers, birthday parties, congrats parties, hometeams, dinners with friends etc. It has been filled with laughter, funny stories and love. This year we decided to add one more thing that it needed to host.... College aged hometeam.

Earlier this year, JT and I made a tough decision to stop doing our hometeam (a group of friends from our church that get together weekly to discuss a plethora of things). With JT's schedule changing month to month and us only finding out a week to two before the month end, it was just too hard to keep changing things around. But then I heard that the Student and College aged ministries at our church were looking for houses to host their hometeams. I heard this and knew this was a perfect fit because all we had to do .... was provide the home!

I decided to go for it and WOW it has been such an amazing blessing to US! We happened to already know the leaders so we already had a relationship there, and they are two of the most kind, compassionate, caring kids I know! All we do is clean the house before hand, put out sodas, plates cups and silverware, and pop in some pizza bites, or other college aged snack, in the oven and we are done. They get run of the house for the rest of the night.

I had one friend ask me " Aren't you stressed or worried about having all these people in your house" .... Nope not at all. All these young adults have been so sweet to us, they always come up and say thank you for letting us use your house, or thanks for the snacks and drinks, what can we do to help out next time. That same friend said " I'm not ready to do what you do, but can I help out and make a dessert for your hometeam?" and wouldn't you know .... she has made a fabulous dessert for EVERY hometeam that has met up!

So in short... We were/are so blessed with our home that we never thought that we would be able to bless others with it as well. So is there something in your life that you are blessed with, that maybe you can share or pass on to others??

3 comments:

Regina said...

which friend are you talking about? :) LOVE YOU and your AMAZING HOME!!

Barbie said...

You are an amazing hostess!!!what a great way to share your love and blessings!!!

Carrolling Along said...

Lovely, I wish I was closer to see this wonderful place and the people who share it! But, you stole one of my Love is... ;
:-P