Carving Pumpkins,
So we were a little late in the picking of the pumpkins but we both found some "Sleepy Hollow" worthy ones that we liked. JT's was huge and un-centered and mine was smaller and warty :)
I printed out some pattern during the week so that we would have plenty of options to choose from. Got out the carving utensils from the craft drawer and picked up a few new ones to add to our collection so we were all set to go.
I set up the room with two old towels for the actual disemboweling of the pumpkins because we all know how messy that can get. Next we picked our pattern and went to work! JT made some awesome chili to keep us well fed and I recorded a scary movie to be playing in the background. I was done pretty quick but if you know my husband, he is very detail oriented (home school) but I have to admit his pumpkin blew mine out of the water. This date was great fun and something we haven't really taken the time to do in a few years! Yahhh -Mia



Tonight we took Jocelyn to the pumpkin patch down the street for some photos and to pick out a couple to take home. Picking the right pumkin takes years to master so we're starting Jocelyn out early. You have to thump em in similar fashion to a watermelon but with a few differences. No I'm not telling you the difference, family secrets can't be shared. So once Jocelyn was in bed we got down to business. We picked designs and then diembowled our pumkins. Gutting a pumpkin takes awhile. Tracing out a design takes forever!!!!! Well really the more elaborate the design the longer it takes. Anyways, after some intense moments on my part making sure everything turned out right we were finally done. They both turned out awesome. We haven't carved pumpkins together since moving from the old house so thats like almost 4 years. It was a blast! I thoroughly enjoyed this one! -J.T.

So we were a little late in the picking of the pumpkins but we both found some "Sleepy Hollow" worthy ones that we liked. JT's was huge and un-centered and mine was smaller and warty :)
I printed out some pattern during the week so that we would have plenty of options to choose from. Got out the carving utensils from the craft drawer and picked up a few new ones to add to our collection so we were all set to go.
I set up the room with two old towels for the actual disemboweling of the pumpkins because we all know how messy that can get. Next we picked our pattern and went to work! JT made some awesome chili to keep us well fed and I recorded a scary movie to be playing in the background. I was done pretty quick but if you know my husband, he is very detail oriented (home school) but I have to admit his pumpkin blew mine out of the water. This date was great fun and something we haven't really taken the time to do in a few years! Yahhh -Mia
Tonight we took Jocelyn to the pumpkin patch down the street for some photos and to pick out a couple to take home. Picking the right pumkin takes years to master so we're starting Jocelyn out early. You have to thump em in similar fashion to a watermelon but with a few differences. No I'm not telling you the difference, family secrets can't be shared. So once Jocelyn was in bed we got down to business. We picked designs and then diembowled our pumkins. Gutting a pumpkin takes awhile. Tracing out a design takes forever!!!!! Well really the more elaborate the design the longer it takes. Anyways, after some intense moments on my part making sure everything turned out right we were finally done. They both turned out awesome. We haven't carved pumpkins together since moving from the old house so thats like almost 4 years. It was a blast! I thoroughly enjoyed this one! -J.T.

2 comments:
Very spooky!! Great job, team Tidden!
Hey there! I wanted to make sure you knew that you won the $30 gift card to Whimsy Studios. Can you send me your e-mail address, and I'll get you all the details? Thanks so much!
Hope you're having a great weekend :)
Carolyn
Post a Comment