Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Love is...GRACE (Week 40)

Love is...GRACE.
The older I get, literally, day by day, I am learning. I'm learning that no matter how hard I work at being whatever it is I deem "perfect," I'm just not meant to be so. I'm sometimes a bad wife, sometimes a bad friend, a bad employee, a bad mommy, a bad daughter, a bad sister.
It's human nature to have expectations, to want people to stick to their word and follow through. But grace allows us to forgive other's transgressions. Grace gives us the power to forgive others. What a gift- letting others be free of your judgments and sore feelings!! Often I am disappointed, and I'm reminded that I am called to extend grace. Often I disappoint others, and pray that they too, are reminded to extend grace.
I am unable to function, to make it through a single day, without grace. We are called to love one another, and I firmly believe that grace is a primary manifestation of that love. Thank you Jesus for teaching us about grace.
So love each other, love yourself.
And stop taking everything so damn seriously.
-Allison

No comments: