Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Love is…respect? (Week 41)

Maybe.
We’ll find out this weekend. My husband and I are going to the Love and Respect Conference and spending a romantic baby-less weekend together. I am super pumped for the alone time, but equally as pumped for the actual conference. While I’m not known for my long attention span, or for my love of organized instruction, I am BEYOND excited to see and hear about the relationship between love and respect. You can tell someone you love them all day long (and vice versa), but it is only when love is shown that it is in fact felt. Or maybe that’s just me.
If you read my awesome entry last week, you know that I wear many hats: mommy, wife, daughter, sister, friend, co-worker, and everything in between. I don’t know about you, but sometimes it’s hard for me to fumble through all of my responsibilities. Balance is a mysterious and awkward dance I’m trying to learn. However, I firmly believe that marriage is the most important relationship (in Christ) I will ever have, and it is imperative that I figure out how to be married the way Jesus wants me to be married. The Bible gives lots of instructions for being married, but translating that into my juggling dance can be quite a feat. A man and woman interacting can be the most beautiful or the most awful thing. We are SO different, which is why we complete each other so beautifully and have the potential to make each other happier than anyone in the world. But sometimes it gets ugly. Sometimes men and women don’t communicate effectively (ya think?) and all hell breaks loose, literally.
I challenge you to allow love and respect to bless your socks off all week long!

No comments: