Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Love is…REFILLS! (Week 42)

We often hear the analogy of “pouring into” something. “What you put in, you’ll get out of the class,” a professor might say. Galatians 6:7 says, “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap”I believe that one of the most important things to pour yourself into is your marriage. I know that love is all kinds of things to all kinds of people, but after being given this assignment by Mia, I feel lead to speak…er…write, on the subject of holy macaroni. Er, matrimony. All kidding aside, MARRIAGE IS SERIOUS BUSINESS! This past weekend my husband and I were blessed to spend two nights alone in a hotel in the magnificent hill country. The day before we left, I got the stomach bug that had been going around Corpus, and the first night we were there my sweet hubby got it. But we didn’t let that stop us! We laid in bed and watched football, talked for hours, and remembered our dreams together. We so often get caught up in the day-to-day humdrum of life that we forget to enjoy one another. When we were dating, we would talk about all of the things we might do once we were “one.” We’d try to imagine the opportunities we thought we might have on this lifelong journey together. It was so much fun! It’s nice to be reminded that the person you’re sleeping in bed with every night is your best friend – the only person you would want to spend a weekend away with, and also the person you love being sick with. Spend this week pouring, ladies and gentlemen, into your marriages. Invest time in those relationships which form who you are. May the Lord bless your efforts

1 comment:

Angela Speaker said...

LOVE this! Definitely needing to refill when this semester wraps up!