"Dip,dip,dip..." That's what Jocelyn says as she dips her carrot sticks in her favorite humus dip for lunch. Well tonight's date was dipping fun of the fondue kind. The date simply called for a whole meal centered around fondue. Lucky for me we just happen to have a pretty sweet fondue setup on hand. Now most people think cheese when someone talks about fondue but I'm hear to tell ya its so much more than that. And I actually didn't have a cheese dip in the meal at all. A little hot oil and some secret herbs and spices, and some cubed chicken breast and we had our main course all set. Essentially, using hot oil is like having you're own little fryer and it sure did turn out good! So we sat and talked about our day with each other over the pop and sizzle of our little chicken skewers. I topped it off with some grilled vegetables and we had a really good meal together. After that we gave our waistlines a small rest and caught up on some other thing around the house and then came back to the kitchen for dessert. Chocolate fondue was an adventure for me to say the least but I managed to create a pretty good chocolate sauce if i do say so myself. We had fresh fiji apple slices and fresh cut strawberries for dipping and I think I honestly liked the apple slices more. I did kinda make too much chocolate but I reckon more is better than not enough...We had alot of fun creating our own version of The Melting Pot(if you don't know what that it you better find one and get yourself there before its too late!) and really enjoyed just spending time together hovered over a little pot of melted deliciousness!
Mia Says: This was a delicious date and the fact that we were kinda "cooking" it together allowed us time to catch up with each other and talk! The chicken was delicious and I need to give Chef Lefty a shout out on some of the spices! And dessert was fantastic, it was a GREAT date!


Mia Says: This was a delicious date and the fact that we were kinda "cooking" it together allowed us time to catch up with each other and talk! The chicken was delicious and I need to give Chef Lefty a shout out on some of the spices! And dessert was fantastic, it was a GREAT date!

1 comment:
I'm excited for this date! we will have to borrow your fondue set because we dont have one :(
also, i was just telling owen that we needed to go to the melting pot soon. ive been, but just for drinks, and owens never gone.
Post a Comment