Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Project 52 Date #5


Oh yah that's right, we had a BAKE OFF tonight
Mano y .... Womano :)


Our date tonight was to have a bake off, where we each baked something and had it "judged" and during the baking play Battle of The Sexes.
At first I was a little bummed about the start of our date.... JT baked during the day so that I would have full use of the oven, but that was part of the date... to bake together! A little discouraged I realized it was easier that way because JT could concentrate on playing the game with me while I took over the kitchen :)
He went for the traditional pineapple upside down cake while I went for a brand new never tried before and tweaked a little bit cupcake recipe! While I baked JT started the Battle of the Sexes game and we were both amazed at our knowledge level, we did pretty good I think!
After I finished baking, we took both desserts to our judge (my mom). She liked both of the presentations but was already leaning towards JT as the winner with a classic. After she sampled both of ours, I ending up winning but only by default. JT's dessert wasn't cooked all the way.

JT Looking nervous when the judging started

So we went back to the game, which seemed to go on forever because during the second half neither one of us could get one right but in the end I won, by a WILD card, that said congrats take your player to the finish line! So both of my wins were by defaults, but I'll take it. This was a great date and I had alot of fun! Thanks babe for being a good sport!

JT Says: Great date! But I'm not interested in talking about my baking issues(I almost won...dang you Betty Crocker!) or how I've lost yet another board game to my lovely wife. Just Kidding....sorta. Had alot of fun and baked up something I had never tried before. As for the board game, well, lets just say I've added another title to the long list of games I won't play with Mia cuz she always wins........
Project 52: Date Nights logo

3 comments:

www.barbieandeddie.com said...

Sounds fun! <3 it!
~Barbie

Regina said...

AAWWW!! so fun! So sweet of jt to think of giving you the entire kitchen. so cute!

Anonymous said...

Aww I cant wait to be married and be able to do this too! Looks like yall are having a blast.
Love yall
Katie P