DATE #6
This week's date was a little off the beaten path so to speak. No ticket pulled from the jar, instead we had a double date out with some new friends.
Chance and Tarah Durbin are some new friends of ours that we've started getting to know better. Chance and I were in the academy together so we know each other fairly well but our wives are still getting acquainted so what better way to do that than a double date!
I thought some live entertainment would be nice so I did a little research and found out that Wednesday nights are open mic night at Executive Surf Club. The food there is good so I thought a little live music would be just the thing. And I would have been right if not for the Antarctica inspired cold front that rolled through town about noon and dropped the mercury into the 30's. Ah well, such is life. So we picked the Durbin's up around 6:30 and cruised downtown for dinner. As always the food was good and the company was even better. We had some great conversations over dinner about kids and how we met and Chance and I couldn't help but throw a couple funny work stories in too. After dinner we decided a little dessert was in order so we introduced them to two of our new favorites. Yup that's right TWO dessert places. First up, LollyCakes (right next to FiveGuys Burgers...yes blatant plug inserted here) for a couple mini-cupcakes. And then around the corner to Camille's for some hand-dipped ice cream goodness. They hadn't been to either place yet so it was cool to introduce them to something new. We had a good time getting to know them better and sharing a lot of laughs over a good meal and I'm sure we'll be doing it again sometime soon!
Mia Says: This was a fantastic out of the box date! I really appreciate that Jonathan planned the date, researched the date, planned a babysitter and all the little details. He did a great job and we had a FANTASTIC time with the Durbins! Great job honey, just wished we would have remembered to take a picture :)

This week's date was a little off the beaten path so to speak. No ticket pulled from the jar, instead we had a double date out with some new friends.
Chance and Tarah Durbin are some new friends of ours that we've started getting to know better. Chance and I were in the academy together so we know each other fairly well but our wives are still getting acquainted so what better way to do that than a double date!
I thought some live entertainment would be nice so I did a little research and found out that Wednesday nights are open mic night at Executive Surf Club. The food there is good so I thought a little live music would be just the thing. And I would have been right if not for the Antarctica inspired cold front that rolled through town about noon and dropped the mercury into the 30's. Ah well, such is life. So we picked the Durbin's up around 6:30 and cruised downtown for dinner. As always the food was good and the company was even better. We had some great conversations over dinner about kids and how we met and Chance and I couldn't help but throw a couple funny work stories in too. After dinner we decided a little dessert was in order so we introduced them to two of our new favorites. Yup that's right TWO dessert places. First up, LollyCakes (right next to FiveGuys Burgers...yes blatant plug inserted here) for a couple mini-cupcakes. And then around the corner to Camille's for some hand-dipped ice cream goodness. They hadn't been to either place yet so it was cool to introduce them to something new. We had a good time getting to know them better and sharing a lot of laughs over a good meal and I'm sure we'll be doing it again sometime soon!
Mia Says: This was a fantastic out of the box date! I really appreciate that Jonathan planned the date, researched the date, planned a babysitter and all the little details. He did a great job and we had a FANTASTIC time with the Durbins! Great job honey, just wished we would have remembered to take a picture :)

2 comments:
OH NO....we forgot to take a picture. That means we need a REDO!!
We'll plan another double SOON!!
What a fun date! Great job JT! I especially like the 2 desserts!
Post a Comment