This week’s “love is…” I planned way in advance. I knew I wanted to do this, but this was one of those “the more the merrier” opportunities...so I decided to include a few friends. At work we sometimes have these “out of box” days where one of our co-workers will plan something fun for all of us to do. We haven’t had an “out of box” day in a while, so at the beginning of the year I proposed we have one in February and that I would plan it.
I made sure to keep everything a secret, because to me this “out of box” was a big deal. So yesterday was the big day and all morning long everyone asked me what we were doing. I told them I would tell them at lunch. We picked a place to eat and all headed out for lunch. There were 7 of us total, including my amazing hubby, who knew what we were going to do and was completely fine with it. The girls kept trying to get any info out of him, but he wasn’t budging. Finally in the middle of lunch I
asked everyone if they knew about Mia’s “Love is…” blog and a few knew more about it than others, so I had Mia explain what it was. I then told them that everyone was going to be a part of my “Love is…” for today and today’s “love is…” is facing your fears. I told them “I am TERRIFIED of needles, so today we are all going to give blood!” Oh boy, you should have seen the look on their faces!! They were all
expecting some great adventure and now they started showing signs of nervousness…myself included!!!
We talked through lunch about when was the last time we gave blood, and surprisingly a lot of us haven’t in a very long time. In fact, I guess I imagined the last time I voluntarily gave blood because they didn’t have my name in the system, AT ALL! YIKES!!!
I am so glad that my team was so supportive of my idea. They were all such champs and didn’t back out. In fact, they were all thanking me for bringing them! Having them there made this experience for me so much easier…and not so scary!
You are able to give blood every 8 weeks…I have April 20th marked down in my calendar for my next trip. How about you??
Regina
1 comment:
Way to face your fears!
Post a Comment