Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Project 52 date #28

I couldn't figure out a witty or clever intro for what we did tonight so I'll just tell you we made shish kabobs together!

I let Mia pick what kind of kabob's the night before without really telling her what we were making. So today Jocelyn and I made an HEB run and picked up fresh red and green bell peppers and a sweet onion. I was a little iffy on the steak I picked out but it ended up being a good choice. Once we got back home I did alot of the prep work while Jocelyn played so Mia and i could do the fun parts together. I cut the vegetables and soaked them in Italian dressing in a ziplock bag. The steak got soaked in a soy sauce/lemon juice/secret ingredient mix and put in the fridge until it was time to light the grill up.


Once Mia got home and we got Jocelyn off to bed, we started making our kabob skewers. I discovered the two skewer method works alot better then using one skewer per "bob". It makes them easier to flip over to cook both sides. Anyways...so we get our skewers made and go fire up the grill and spent the next half on the back porch just talking and spending time together while our kabobs sizzled away on the grill. Once they were done we sat down at the table outside and went to town on them. They turned out awesome! I was really quite pleased with myself because I wasn't quite sure how the steak was going to turn out with the marinade I made. They really turned out amazing and as you can see from the pictures we pretty much ate em all!




She says: This was a great date because there was alot of cooking time so Jonathan and I had an array of conversations, while waiting for the food to cook, which was fantastic! We sat down outside, without phones in hand, and just talked about EVERYTHING. And when the food was ready, we kept talking with our mouths full with some of the most fantastic food I have had in a very long time. A++++++ Babe!

Project 52: Date Nights logo

2 comments:

Regina said...

all i can say is YUMMY!!

Carrie said...

I wanna know the "secret ingredient" hmmm ;-) looks delicious!