Love is...my wife Mia! I'm sitting here in the living room with Mia and she says she's saying she needs to write the next "Love is..." blog but wants to write something special but just needs to think about it. And I hear her say that and a voice in my head says "write about her!". Now she'll never brag on herself or give herself the credit she deserves so allow me.
Mia is constantly in a thought process of some sort and usually involving about 10 things she's juggling at any given moment and I guarantee you at least 2 of those things involve doing something for someone else. She's the first one to check on a sick friend and bring them a warm meal. She has a sixth sense about knowing when someones had a bad day and needs a quick phone call to encourage them. She loves our little girl in every way imaginable, always teaching her something new or finding a new way to spend time with her. You can see the depth of Mia's love as a mother in the constant smile on my baby girl's face. She remembers everyone's birthday and not because she's got a good memory but because it's important to her to show them some extra love on their special day. Her love for her friend's is above and beyond loyal and when it comes to family lets just say you don't mess with a mama grizzly...
I can't remember the last time she went out and bought herself something nice but I have to use both hands to count on my fingers how many times she went out and got something for someone else in the last two weeks. I've gotten stronger, faster, thinner, healthier because she encourages me to go a little farther than I would on my own, and I bet she's done the same for/to you! She's always willing to listen and never one to turn away a friend in need. I still haven't figured out why God chose to smile on me and give me Mia and I cannot repent enough for how often I take for granted how amazing she is and what an example of selfless love she is to me.
Love Is...Mia
4 comments:
way to go JT you made me cry!!!
thats why she's my bff!
love you MIA!
That is so incredibly sweet and so true! Mia is love through and through :) And I miss her everyday!
When she responds, "love you more" I always smile, knowing with all my heart and soul that it is likely she does.
Like!
Post a Comment