Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Love is.... supporting the right thing (Week 49)



So I am doing an extra love is today because one got left out in October and I need to catch up and it's great to know that God already had this planned out. From July of 1998 - May of 2002 I was honored to be able to attend the US Coast Guard Academy and I had the pleasure to meet and get to know an amazing man to whom I am asking for his help today. He was always one to bring a smile to anyones face and if you really knew him well then you know he got us in trouble a few times for that goofiness :)


But today he is facing a much more serious day. The Coast Guard has brought charges against him for the loss of a Coast Guard helicopter in July 2010, and the deaths of two of its crew members. He is facing three charges from the Coast Guard: One says he failed to navigate away from charted hazards. Another charges him with the destruction of the chopper. Those are both misdemeanors. The third charge consists of two felony counts: It says that he negligently caused the deaths of two petty officers that were working in the helicopter with him.


He was the lone survivor of this crash and has had to go through his own emotional and physical recovery. I'm sure its been a long road but he has made it through with the help of his supportive family and friends. All that I ask today is that you lift up him and his family in your prayers today, especially his wife. She is currently pregnant and I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster that she is personally going through especially today! So if you could take a moment out of your day and help me pray for the right thing to shine through!



1 comment:

Kristie Salzmann said...

Amen, Mia! I am confident God will show is love to Lance and his family today.