Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Love is….. teaching the generations part 1 (week 47)

This week's love is kinda wrote itself, I had something else in mind and this just popped up! One of Jocelyn's little friends, had her tonsils and adenoids removed yesterday. Now I had mine removed as an adult and let me let you know that you have to be one tough cookie to handle it. Imagine how much you swallow every minute, well every time you do that you are irritating those stitches every time.... see it requires you to be tough. So Jocelyn was with Jonathan at the store and I asked then to pick up some Ice Cream for the little patient! Jonathan wanting to get the best thing for her, so he called her parents to see what she liked the best. Chocolate it was!!!
So Jonathan and Jocelyn went to drop off the ice cream, but what happened next was the best. Jonathan wanted to teach Jocelyn about loving others, so she got to carry the ice cream in. Once she got to the door, the patients daddy let her in and then she got to take the ice cream directly to one strong little girl! I know it sounds odd but this was just amazing for me. Jocelyn got to learn directly about the little things that matter when being a friend. It means being there for someone and doing the little things that will make someone smile. We've written about it before, how the little things make a big difference in peoples lives and how important it is to teach our kids about this, but to see it actually take place, just thrilled me to pieces. It takes alot of sowing into our kids to eventually see the fruits and I can't wait to see what kind of little girl my sunshine will become!

Check out the videos on my facebook page, blogspot woudn't post them here today but I will try again tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Alene said...

I have tears. It is the little things that make a huge difference. I need to learn from your example. Blessings friend.