So Monday morning at 5:30 am, we checked into the hospital, hoping for our little girl by the end of the day. After a busy morning with a few complications, the doctor decided that Jocelyn would make her debut all on her own without any help (no pitocin), so we were in for a long day! Luckily I have the worlds best and most patient doctor and my labor/delivery nurse was off the charts fantastic. So the day went on with JT and I hanging out, my nurse and I chatting, and trying to keep the world via FB updated with Jocelyn's arrival.



At 7:11pm, (with less then 30 minutes of pushing) Jocelyn Cecilia Tidden made her debut to the world at 8lbs and 20.5 inches long. She scored a 9 out of 9 on the APGAR scale and all the nurses couldn't stop gushing about how healthy she looks and "Oh my, those cheeks!" My fantastic friend Regina was there to catch all the first moment photos for us as we saw our little girl for the first time (BIG THANKS). We were overjoyed, relieved, amazed and just so excited for her.
So yes, now we are parents and learning as we go. JT was able to take 2 weeks off of work, so he and I are working as a team to tend to Jocelyn's needs and just snuggle with our little girl. Her favorite thing right now is to burrow... she likes to get as close as possible to you, right on your chest under your chin and fall deeply into sleep. She also is trying to hold her head up... yah I know that should be a later thing, but at 3 days old she has been trying to do it all on her own! So we will do our best to keep you updated, please let us know if we fall behind. We love you all and thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts through out this pregnancy, we couldn't have been blessed with a more perfect child!
4 comments:
Yay for Jocelyn! She is adorable and you and JT are great parents!
~Barbie
I love her so much and have yet to meet her. You have been my best friend or should say sister since we were so little. I am so happy for you and Jonathan. I cannot wait for the day I can hold her and I bet I cry. once again congrats! love and miss ya!
P.S. give Jocelyn a cuddle from her Aunt Katie.
She is awesome! Congrats you two.
Kisses from Kodiak! We are delighted for you both and hope that the newest edition and furballs make for a very warm, loving, new home. Congrats!
Post a Comment