Thursday, October 22, 2009

Shout out to my shorties :)


A little update... I'm 34 weeks pregnant and my beautiful precious little girl has decided it is time for me to go to physical therapy. Jocelyn LOVES to stay on my right side which has thrown my balance and my every day posture off a bit. My L1 or my SI (can't remember) vertebrae on the right side has shifted a bit off track which was causing me some INTENSE back pain. So my amazing doctor prescribed me some physical therapy here in town. I'm loving it! It's basically alot of water exercises, which make you feel weightless and so light, another perk. And then a good massage and a hot pack.


So the reason for the title... Yesterday I was doing my exercises and the therapists told me to grab a water noodle (floatie) and go to deep water, I start stepping over there and I see the 5 foot sign and realize I can't touch the ground anymore, I am in deep water in the 5 foot zone. That is when I realized I am really short :) Not like I needed a reminder but it made me laugh a little. Oh and to make you laugh a little more, some of the exercises in "deep water" make me bob around a lot, and wouldn't you know it... I got motion sick.... yup I got sea sick in the "deep end" of the pool doing exercises. Everyone better be laughing WITH me :)


Other then that... pregnancy has been fantastic. I love playing, reading, talking and singing to her. Jonathan also likes to play with her hands and feet, poking at my belly and making her go around his fingers :) It's fun to watch the two of them "play" So only 6 more weeks until her arrival and we are getting ready in every possible way. The nursery is almost done, we start our pre-birth classes this Sunday and then it's the baby! Can't wait for all of you to meet her!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea I am laughing! Get as much done as you can just to be one the safe side.
Katie

Mechsner Family said...

haha...too funny! I am laughing WITH you!! :) also- have you tried a chiropractor? I went the whole time I was pregnant, never really had too much back pain at all! Just an idea!

I got wait to meet jocelyn! love you!

Anonymous said...

lol too cute! Don't worry, Im sure lots of people get motion sickness in the pool... lol.

Madi loves to hang out on my right side as well... luckily im not having too bad of bach pains yet! Im so glad PT is helping you feel better! You deserve it!

I can't wait to meet your baby girl! You are going to be such a great mom!
~Barbie

Clint and Ashleigh said...

Hehehe. Love the pool story!