Friday, December 4, 2009

Bad Boys Bad Boys, Whatcha Gonna Do.....

So a little bit of backstory is in order to explain the title of this blog. Back in March I submitted a request to take the entrance exam for the police department(for Corpus....C.C.P.D.) I took the exam and physical fitness test in June and passed both doing rather well on the written exam and scoring 11th out of almost 400 people. I had a background investigation done and was given a polygraph test and then in October I finally got my interview. I passed all with flying colors. I was told that I would be under review along with all the other applicants that had passed everything and than I would be placed on the list of possible candidates for the academy class. I was told the final decisions would not be made until January and not to expect to hear any news untill then. Yesterday afternoon I recieved a phone call asking me if I would accept a conditional job offer with the police department! Of course I accepted! I still have to complete a psychological evaluation and a physical/drug screening as part of the conditions of employment. I will be entering the 30 week academy in April of 2010. Thats right, I'm gonna be a police officer! I'm so excited, I can't believe I've been chosen as one of 15 selected for the academy class. Doing the math makes my head spin but basically I beat out 900 something applicants for a spot in the class. I've been very blessed by the help and coaching and advice I've recieved along the way and can only chalk that help up to God pushing me where He wants me to go. Thanks to all who have been praying for me when I needed it and encouraging me along the way. I can't wait to turn the next page on this new chapter in my life! -Jonathan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, I just was asking Mia about this last week. you have been in my prayers as I knew in your heart you wanted this so bad. I am so happy for you. Your little family sure has been blessed the last few weeks. Love ya lots and Good Job!
Katie P

Clint and Ashleigh said...

Congratulations, Jonathan!