This past weekend (this post was written a while ago!), the family took a little road trip. Well we kinda did, but we all took it at different times to end up at the same place. Let me explain... I had to work this weekend in Galveston, Tx. So, Jonathan's family decided to take some vacation time and join us. Jonathan's plan was to drive up with Jocelyn after work on Friday. Come to find out, that Semper Gumby doesn't just apply to the Coast Guard, it also applies to your local police department :)
Jonathan ended up having to do a ride-along from 5pm to 3am, so plan A went out the window. So onto plan B... we bought Jonathan a one way ticket to Houston and his family would come and get Jonathan and Jocelyn at the airport. Hmmmmm.... waking up a baby at 5am to get on a plane, when shes normally sleeping, while my husband would be running on 2 hours of sleep himself.... Nope that work either
Plan C! Jocelyn and I started the drive to Houston and met Grandma, Uncle Tyler and Uncle Micah at a rest stop and Jocelyn's vacation began :) She went home with my in laws and everyone was so excited to see her that I think it was just a grand ole time. The drove down to Galveston Friday night, and I got to have dinner with her and my co-workers (who fought over who was going to hold her next, and who she was going to sit by) and she had another sleep over with grandma and grandpa until the next day.
Saturday morning came too soon for Jonathan and I... as he was on his way to the airport, courtesy of a loving Grami, I was on my way to work, to start what was promising to be a very long day! The day went by fast, Jonathan got in safely and got to love on his baby girl for the rest of the morning. We met at local resturant, where Jocelyn was walking all over everything, making people coo at her everywhere she went. Her newest thing, is to play peek-a-boo between either Jonathan or my legs. If someone is looking at her, she goes around to the other side of the leg until they make eye contact again and then she hides and goes in between our legs, etc.... makes for an interesting leg workout that is for sure.
All of us were able to spend Saturday evening together and met up again on Sunday. Hit the beach for awhile, beautiful day and lots of sunshine, but the pool was Jocelyn's favorite that is for sure. Jocelyn even made her first pool friend, who couldn't stop sitting by her side! His mom said that he also walked at 9 months, so I asked "When did he slow down?" she replied "Good luck :)"
So the vacation was a blast, of course I wish that it was minus the work part, but all in all, it was great seeing the in laws and watching Jocelyn spend time with them as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment