Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Being a finisher . . .


This past weekend I was catching up on some reading both online and actual books. And I was reading something about people actually finishing what they started. The majority of people start something and without ever finishing it, start something else or just give up entirely. In the big commitments in my life, I have already decided that I will finish what I started, with my job, my marriage etc. But when it comes to the little things, sometimes they can go by the wayside. So my goal over this next month is to be a finisher.

- Put the finishing touches on our 1st year anniversary scrap book

- Finish the many baby blankets I have started

- Take the clothes that I have set aside to the salvation army and women's center

- There are plenty more!!!

No more waiting for "oh I'll get to that later" over the next month I will ask that you encourage me whether it be lightly with a gentle push or a hard shove to the hall closet to get these things done. First comes the list of things to do then comes the action. Wish me luck because here I go! :)

2 comments:

C Anderson said...

The little honey dos that have piled up here-- in light of the larger projects-- is astounding. Good luck. We'll have to recap our progress in two weeks!

Anonymous said...

Backtracking through your blog to ask how being a finisher was going? Getting things knocked off that list? Love ya!
~Barbie