Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March Madness Part 2




The Bruce/Hayes Wedding... JT was an usher and had rented a car to drive up Friday evening to be able to make the rehearsal and spend some time with his friends. Saturday morning he returned in the car (an adventure in itself) and waited for my arrival, as I drove safely and quickly, I arrived minutes before the bride walked down the aisle. I even asked the groom if I was going in the right direction and didn't even realize it was him, boo on me.

The Location.... It was this gorgeous ranch that was just breathtaking, They had this small arch for the groom and bride to standby, fold out chairs for all the guests to sit in and absolutely perfect weather for an outdoor wedding. The best part... on the left was gorgeous silk dresses and pant suits, very elegant, on the right were pressed jeans, ironed and creased shirts and "dress" cowboy hats. It was a clash of two cultures and it was too cute to see them blend in the reception hall.

The Bride... looked breathtaking and her smile was the best part to say the least. Tears were streaming down many faces as they took their vows nd as they finally had their first kiss as husband and wife.
The Reception.... They had a head table for the entire wedding party and their spouses. I loved this because so often the spouses have to fend for themselves among the guests, and if you don't know many people this can be quite akward, so Erin, thank you!!! Dancing was great, tons of two stepping, and we made our way through as best as we could, but most of all we just laughed about it and had a good time complete the the chicken dance and Cotton Eye Joe. The entire family and JT friends, made everyone comfortable and had a great time (for someone that only knew 5 people before going there and I met them at my wedding which was brief as well)

All in the all it was a a great time, lots of fun to meet and spend time with more of JT's college friends and get a little more dirt on my husband :) Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Hayes

No comments: