Friday, December 14, 2007

Welcome Asher Ethan Joyce


So Shaina was scheduled to be induced on the morning of the 11th. I checked on her that morning and that afternoon and she was progressing really well. When I arrived after work, that girl was in some pain!!!!! I stopped by just to say hi and I was designated the job of paparazzi as soon as Asher came into this world. Let me tell you a few things....

1. Shaina is absolutely the toughest most dedicated girl I know, she did a great job especially since her epideral didn't work

2. Kevin was a trooper, he never left her side, encouraged her the whole time, letting her know it would all be okay!

3. I will be adopting :)

Just kidding, it was an amazing experience and Asher came flying out after only 30 minutes of pushing (only.... yeah right!) Watching the bond that Shaina, Kevin and Asher immediately had was nothing short of incredible! He was 7lbs, 15 oz and 21 inches long! Shaina did a great job and I am sure he is well worth everything they have gone through. There were a few problems with her blood pressure for 2 days but she is now back at home, trying to find a sleep pattern with Asher.

Earlier she was holding him and I looked over and she had her face smooshed to his head. I asked her what she was doing.... she looked all guilty and said "smelling him", Kevin made a joke and then came over and smelled him too :) I'm telling you that this is one lucky kid to have such loving parents. Way to go Joyces!

2 comments:

C Anderson said...

Mia: I love how you state "I will be adopting" rather than "we". Per chance, JT has not been aware of this memo? My love and congrats to the new parentals. The baby is JUST GORGEOUS. I hope all is well on the home front, smells and all. Love, C

Clint and Ashleigh said...

What a gorgeous little boy. Please pass along our congrats to Kevin and Shaina!