
So I took my hubby out yesterday for a day all about him, we went and got two new xbox games and a new controller, ate his favorite lunch and went to go see I am Legend. Okay the movie was okay, but let me go off for a minute about movie ettiquette . . .
1. You are watching a movie in public not your bedroom, so don't fall asleep. If you do fall asleep try your hardest not to snore so loud that you have the entire theatre laughing at you.
2. If a movie is rated PG-13 for sci-fi action and intense violence, you probably should not take your 5 year old to go see it.
a. and when she starts bawling, don't cuddle her while you continue to watch the movie and everyone is watching in horror as a 5 years old is screaming at the zoombie like creatures.
3. In a military town, don't go running into a theatre with a friend, then stop and look at everyone while your friend runs up to the emergency exit door with his hand on it like he is going to make a run for it becuase now you have everyone looking at you, ready to take you down
4. If you are 13, you may find movie stairs a great way to exercise, but it definitely isn't a good idea to do it with a few of your friends and during a movie!
5. Answering a phone and saying "I can't talk right now I am in a movie" is not the same thing as not answering the phone completely during a movie. If it is an emergency, just step out for a moment, we all don't want to hear what your plans for the evening are and that doesn't count as an emergency!
So like I said I am Legend is an okay movie once we were able to watch it, its a triple remake but its got Will Smith who was pretty good! But are we the only ones that find movie etiquette to no longer exist?
2 comments:
This is Kristie...I completely agree Mia! We took the girls to see Alvin and the Chipmunks, which is a great family movie. During the movie, which had a lot of kids watching it, the worst people were a group of adults sitting in the row in front of us. They were talking loudly and saying rude things with two 11 year old girls sitting behind them...good thing I have a big hubby that made them be quiet! :)
When I want to see a kid's movie, I attend the 9 PM or later showing on a Sunday night. Usually, I have four other adults interspersed among the rows.
But when it comes to major movies, I have stopped going to the theater. Period. It seems as though all humans were raised in barns. With movies quickly issued onto DVD, my netflix account enables me to prevent my husband from killing the cell phone talker next to me and from bemoaning my "refreshing reminder" for birth control. That is all.
Post a Comment