Monday, November 26, 2007

Good Wife vs. Bad Wife

So like a good new wife, I went the Weds before Thanksgiving to get my husband the Christmas gift that he has been begging for, XBOX 360. But when I went to pick it up the game, so I didn't have to be one of the crazy ones on the Friday after Thanksgiving, they told me that they had already taken them all off the shelves to make sure that they had enough for Friday's sales. No problem, I told the salesman, I'll just come some time after. Well, he said, we may not get alot more in before Christmas and definitely not at the sale prices. OH NO, so your telling me my only option is to come on Friday morning huh? Yup, he states, but if you get here around the same time I do, I promise to save you a ticket for the XBOX no matter where you are in line. Okay I agree, I will be there and do this for my husband, what time do I need to be there. 2 AM!!!!!! Okay so I go to bed early and get all my clothes ready to stand in the cold for 3 hours just for my hubby, but I get a call around 10pm. It's Shaina, letting me know that the line for Best Buy is going past another store, down the side of the building and behind the building. People have been there since 5pm and brought tents. Oh well, I'm not going there now, I'm still going to stick with my 2AM plan. So the alarm goes off and away I go, with muffins in my pocket and a tactical flashlight just in case (hey it's 2am and I am going to be behind a building in the dark with crazy shopping people) I wait and wait and wait and get some people to save my spot so I can see what is going on up front, SWEET, I find the sales guy and get my ticket and the line is moving from people taking down their tents etc etc. So I get in there, find my killer deal, make my purchase, go home and crawl into bed! Well if you know me, you know that I LOVE giving gifts and I have no will power. So when my husband comes home from work, I ask him if he can put this box in the trunk of my car for me.... I sneak out to watch his surprise and he opens the trunk...... and slams it shut immediately. He thought that he had ruined a surprise and didn't know what to do, but I quickly let him know it's for now and he can play it all he wants. So for the next 4 hours, as I clean up, crochet, eat a little breakfast, crochet, etc etc. Kevin and Jonathan are playing XBOX in the back room. So here is my question, was I a good wife for giving the gift, or a bad wife for not waiting :)

3 comments:

C Anderson said...

See, this is why I have items shipped to work; that way, Brad does not know they were purchased!

I think you are being a good wife and an ven better hostess b/c now the boys have a distraction.

Much love, C

ps Big mama send her love!

Anonymous said...

I think you were a GREAT wife!! now you can keep him busy while you get everything else done that I am sure you have on your TO Do list! :) HA!! Great job, love reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

your so much like me I dont think I could hold out on something that cool for a month. I have yet to even start and I am out of the holiday mood and that is so unlike me because Christmas is MY Holiday I am still a kid at heart and I love it. So I need to get out of here and get my self to the mall to shop and get in the holiday mood!

Kate