Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Love is... paying it forward

Okay so last year I knew that there were a few things different that I wanted to do this year. One of them was the project 52, another was to blog more often, and lastly was to bless others with the many blessings that I have been given. I have struggled to be able to find out how I was going to do this and more importantly how to explain to everyone what it is about. I even did this amazing Ruth Bible Study that motivated me, at the exact right time, even more to do this project.
So here I go...


Love is ... bringing out the best in each other.

One of my favorite cartoons of all time is called "Love Is . . ." It's a cartoon that I read as a child and often my mom would cut it out and put in my lunchbox as a reminder of what love is all about. I really like this cartoon because it's always about the simple things and often times the different things that each one of us views as ways love is expressed.

Often times I am blessed by the little things that people do for me, but I often get down on myself and think, "I wish I had more time to do things for others," and I find that I lean on that excuse more times then I care to admit. Where as the truth is, that it doesn't have to be a big thing but it's often the small things that matter just as much.


Love is... making time for each other.

So I am going to try to do 52 weeks of "Love Is..." paying it forward! Every Wednesday I"ll post a story about doing something that was simple and really made an impact on someones day/week/year. It can be your spouse, significant other, friend, family member or just a stranger. But I challenge you to do one thing each week to make a difference in someones life. I'll even have a guest share a story or two once in awhile, so I have asked (or will ask) a few amazing women in my life to share their stories to help motivate others to remember that we are all placed on this earth to love and motivate each other! "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" - Proverbs 17:17
So I have a little bit of a cheat for my first Wedsnesday because it's kinda been in the works for a while, but I really really wanted to talk about it. My first post is about Project 52. When Jonathan and I talked about starting it, we let all our friends know about it as well because we wanted everyone to feel the kind of love and enjoyment that you feel when your significant other puts together a special time and date for just the two of you! Although we only have a few people doing it with us so far, (8-10 couples) we are just overwhelmed with the postive and motivated response it has already created. In a world where the divorces are outranking the amount of marriages that are staying together, Jonathan and I are commited to make our marriage as strong as possible and also motivate others to do the same.
If you want to join in or participate, just leave a comment below about something that you did or plan to do to show someone how much you love them, how important they are, or just something that makes someone feel special. Thanks everyone, love you all!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love love love this! I am jumping on board and ready to date my husband again! With Raegan being born we have not taken the time for each other like we should. I can't wait to make the time for each other again!

Angela Speaker said...

I love that you payed P52 forward! Even though we've only had one date so far, it was the best date since Joshua was born :) You're awesome Mrs. Tidden!