Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Love is ... cookies (Week 3)

LOL I mean seriously, is there any explaination that I need to give more then that? Or maybe I have been doing this Daniel Fast a little too long :)

Okay with a little more background on it, here it is... I miss my brother and his family. We aren't the overly mushy "I miss you" people but I love the chance when I get to talk to him, or catch up with him on email or just get to see his family all in the same room and feel the love that is there. He has been all over the place since he graduated from the USNA but most of the time has been sent overseas! We catch up with each other as often as we can but with our own families growing and demands on our time it gets harder and harder to make the time. And although Skype is nice, its nothing like the real face time you get.

So when I heard that girl scout cookies were out for sale, a light bulb went off in my head. Right now my brother is a ship in Japan and I'm pretty sure they don't get girl scout cookies out there, so I figured I would send him a box, and I figured if I was sending him a box then why not a few since there are alot of our Men and Women serving with him that may like a little reminder from home. So I saved up some of my fun money and order the cookies. The best part... is when a friend found out that I was doing that, she wanted to be a part too so she pitched in and bought 8 extra boxes as well, and then another friend heard, and she bought two extra boxes to be sent as well.
So this afternoon I am off to the USPS to get some FPO boxes, fill them with girl scout cookies and send them on their way. The good news is that I have enough to fill another box to bless someone else, so unless someone sends me some info on a group that needs it, I'm just going to scour the internet for the first one I find that is overseas! So my love is just kinda spilling over to more people, both the giving and the receiving which just makes me smile from ear to ear! I love it!

2 comments:

Barbie said...

1. What an awesome idea! You are amazing!
2. I love the cartoon picture!

ESSEX Ensign said...

God bless and thank you for the cookies!