Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day and a large Thank You to all those who are currently serving our country, to all those who have served in the past and especially to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for us.
I also want to take this time to extend a thank you all those who often are never thanked but need to be recognized on this day as well, that is the military families! It's the spouse that solely takes on the day to day adventures of running a home, working and keeping themselves and their spouse in good spirits. It is the spouses that are left behind to become "single parents" while their significant other is fighing for our country. It is the parents of the veteran that give unconditional support and often put aside their life to help you with your own, so that you can serve your country. It is also the friends and neighbors that see someone in need, and set aside the needs of their own family for the evening, to help yours.
This year I got to refresh my memory first hand on being in the military full time again, and I know that I could not have done it without a supportive family and friends. Everytime I felt like I didn't know what I was going to do, someone stepped up to help me out. A special thanks to my husband and mom that made sure that my little girl was always filled with love and happiness even when I could not be with her
So thank you again to all the veterans and their families!

No comments: