Friday, July 9, 2010

Within the last week...



We have had a very busy past seven days but Jocelyn seems to be the busiest of us all! Last weekend we spent the 4th of July up in Dallas with family near my hometown of Trophy Club. Jocelyn did fantastic and I even took her to the TC 4th of July celebrations where she got her first facepainting and got to see a parade. She had a blast. We had a short reunion breakfast with friends, I can't believe how big their kids are getting and how much is going on in everyone's lives, maybe we can try to get together more often then once a year, whatcha think guys? Anyway, the weekend went by way too fast and we were home once again Monday afternoon.



Within the past 4 days, Jocelyn has figured out how to climb the stairs on her own, give kisses to us and Grami and her favorite stuffed animals, and stand by herself for up to 10 seconds and clap her hands together. In today's big news she cut her first tooth! I can't believe that she is growing up so fast, it's like she is a new little girl everyday, BUT I still relish the times that she falls asleep on my shoulder, or crawls over to me, only to pull up and then look at me with those big eyes saying "pick me up please"



On a somber note, this week has also been a week of remembering what I am thankful for and not taking anything for granted! If you haven't seen in the news, a Coast Guard helicopter crashed into the water off of James Island, Washington. There were 4crewmembers aboard, but only one survived the crash. The survivor is a classmate of mine from the academy and an amazing man. I can only imagine how relieved his family and wife are that he made it through this horrible ordeal. But my heart goes out to those families whose husbands and fathers did not come home that evening. So please make sure to always thank those who serve our country and put their lives on the line on a day to day basis and also to never take any day for granted. Never miss out on an opportunity to tell someone that you love them!

No comments: