Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baby Shower!!


This past week has been a whirlwind but oh so worth it. A while back my sweet friend Regan asked if she could come down the week before my Houston baby shower to spend some time with me. Perfect I thought, I haven't used my personal days, sick days or vaca, I had some time that I could take off. Then our auditors called and wanted to close books that week.... okay not a problem, Regan was okay with seeing me when she could! As luck would have it, the auditors left at Tues at 2pm, and Regan arrived at 5pm on Tuesday, My awesome boss gave me Weds and Thurs off so we had tons of time to spend together.... just being together. Her son Jack is the cutest little boy in the world and I learned about how scary and fun the roomba can be and that squash makes good hair conditioner :) We also went to a house that we are looking to purchase, did some measurements, counting of cabnits, pics etc. Friday rolled around and off we went to roadtrip it to Houston (Jonathan flew in after work on Friday). The ride was flawless, with a little 15 minute detour for a McDonalds that was "just off the highway" but thanks to the TomTom we met up perfectly with Regan's mom and I made it to my inlaws without getting lost. The weekend was a blur. but the shower was great. We had a little storm roll in but that didn't keep the guests away. Melanie and Kristin showed up early for a quick hello with Caden. Then my cousin who I haven't seen in who knows how long came as well, along with family and family friends. Then Regan and Stefanie (who I haven't seen in 6 years) came. So it was a mix of old and new friends, laughing, telling funny stories and having a great time. We were blessed with many great gifts, that I am sure Jocelyn will love and she will be well dressed for sure! So a big thanks to everyone, it was great seeing you this weekend and we had a blast!! Now I can't wait for next weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful picture! I am so happy you had a great time! sure sounds busy. hope next weekend is great for you and then I hope you can get some rest! you make me tired just reading about all your running around!
Katie P

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful week and weekend!!!!
~Barbie

C Anderson said...

Delighted that you, Regan, and Jack got some good bonding time in before the whirlwind with family. What's this next wkend?