Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sometimes you just gotta laugh . . .

So last night was busy, nothing new, just busy as always! We needed to make 2 dinners and 2 desserts, have time to eat and digest all before 7:45 for my walk. So we worked together and started making it happen. Jonathan was grilling meat and cooking pasta shells, while I was cutting up pound cake, making a tiramisu mix and washing dishes as we went. It was a well oiled machine, we didn't get in each others way (in a small kitchen that is hard) and we were getting things done pretty quick. Well Jonathan finished the dinners, put one in the fridge and one in the oven for us. I realized I forgot to tell him one of the ingredients so I pulled out the meal, added the taco sauce and then put it back in the oven, setting my oven mitts on the side.

Right after this we ran out of the part of the tiramisu mixture that calls for coffee (that's the only ingredient you guys are getting out of the secret recipe) so instead of making the coffee in a cup, Jonathan decided to just put the bowl under the coffee maker and let it drip right in. Genius Man, because its one less dish to wash! Well the timer went off for the dinner plate, so I grabbed the pot holders to take it out. I did not realize that Jonathan had used one of the pot holders to prop up the bowl to which the coffee was dripping into.

So I pull out the potholder, therefore losing the balance of the bowl, and spilling our mixture all over the floor, counters, and a little on ourselves. After looking at each other and making sure that neither of us were burned with the hot coffee, we couldn't help but laugh. I am now known as the "coffee launcher" in my house :) I am so thankful to be married to someone that can laugh with me even through the disasters :)

1 comment:

C Anderson said...

I am glad you laughed...that incident in my house would have earned my beloved a Medusa look followed by a "what were you thinking by using MY oven mit." How was the main course?