Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day

This was our first un-official fathers day and both of us had odd work schedules for the weekend, but we did what we always do, and made it work. So Saturday evening started Father's Day for us, which including opening all of Jonathan's gifts, dinner at his favorite place and a movie of his choosing. Each gift had a note from either Tidbit or I to explain what the gift was for
Gift 1: Note - "To help keep up with me, love Tidbit " and the gift was a 6 pack of red bull
Gift 2: Note - "To start me early... to make sure I enjoy what you enjoy, love Tidbit" and the gift was a box set of John Wayne movies

Gift 3: Note - "To teach me about what you love, love Tidbit" and it was a stainless can cooler with all the facts of saltwater fish that you can fit on there!

Gift 4 : Note - "To remind yourself, love Wif" and it was a shirt that said " I LOVE when my WIFE, lets me go fishing"

See pics below



Father's Day picked up again on Saturday morning for a breakfast with friends at Jonathan's favorite spot, Cracker Barrel. Breakfast was fantastic but the company was even better. Then off to church, this is where Father's Day stopped as I went to work for a few hours and Jonathan went to volunteer and then treated his child to his favorite lunch (thankfully it had to go through me so I got fed too :) ) Then off we were again to see a movie of Jonathan's pick "The Proposal" ! It was really cute and we really enjoyed it!

So that was the recap of the day, oh and there were puppy kisses in there as well from the pups so we didn't forget about them! I hope that every one's Father's Day was equally as special. Happy Father's Day honey, your going to be a great dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for a great first fathers day! ~Barbie

C Anderson said...

John Wayne? I'll have to add some Robert Redford and Tom Selleck to the collection to ensure at least some sensitivity...

Loved the gifts! How cute!